View Single Post
Old 01-25-19, 06:43 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
…Later on that ride, I started paying attention to the visibility of other riders.…

I don't always wear high vis, but I do wear brighter colors. Colors obviously stand out but so does movement. One rider had high vis shoes. Between the color and the movement, that rider really caught my attention….

I am curious, not so much about what you do, but what others have done that really helped draw your attention to them. The MUP experience led me to this as one of the ways I will to make myself more conspicuous.
I have read…but couldn’’t find the thread…that a rotary motion of a light on the lower extremity is the most eyecatching, and identifiable form of illumination; however I can’t seem to find illuminated ankle bands.

Also I am intrigued by this little-cited form of visibility:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
...However to add to your list of visibility aids, see this thread, Safety hack for bikes using a pool noodle.” It has a video and photo of a pool noodle.

I recall thinking it is something I might put on my bike, and a pool store is nearby my workplace, so I’ll have to check it out.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 01-25-19 at 07:00 AM.