View Single Post
Old 03-29-20, 12:27 PM
Le Mechanic

Bikes: 2020 Pivot Vault, 1983 Rossin Record, Garneau R1, Mesamods home built gravel/rain commuter bike, 1995 Barracuda A2V modified with Surley single speed dropouts, 1969 Bottecchia junkyard special fixed gear, Cervelo P4, Mesamods 650b klunker

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by m_sasso
Following along, watched both videos and will continue watching for the rest of the series. The bike you are working came apart easy peasy, was hardly ridden and certainly never left out in the elements for any length of time. Thanks for putting up the videos, spreading the knowledge is almost always a good thing and I look forward to seeing your work on the rest of the series.

I own two Rossin's both purchased as frames from Italy and built up to my liking. A 1979 Rossin Record Professional and 1982 Telaio da Corsa Rossin Record. The 82 is a resto-mod with all black Campagnolo Record and Super Record 11 speed components and the 79 is mostly Ofmega Premier, Mistral cranks and silver Campagnolo Record 10 speed components. They are great bikes, quality control was a bit spotty at times but the production end of the company was only there to support their race interests. Currently having Greg Softly at Cyclomondo recreate a special decal set for the 82 repaint. I love the artistry and craftsmanship of the frames but hard to beat the mechanics and efficiency of newer components when out for spirited rides.
Nice! Everything on this bike is in such great condition, I'm going to keep most of it original. I ordered some new Challange skinwall tires for it yesterday.

One question I have is does anyone on here know anything about dating based off a serial number? There's another thread on a Rossin very similar to mine with no numbers? Mine has a B 121 stamped on the non-drive side dropout that looks like it was stamped by the manufacturer since it has the matching frame paint in the text.