Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Originally Posted by sysrq
Only 2 years ago I was able to ride on a hard leather saddle for 9 hours per day even after winter break. Now at different location tried Brooks, Selle Anatomica and nothing feels right, only Lepper Concorde with softened leather and plain gel cover on top of it seems to provide proper width and curvature which feels supportive, but after 1-2 hours it starts to feel too painful on the sitbones, so had no other choice but to look for new solutions. The Vanten air cell cover feels like something is constantly poking in you. Seems wierd since inflatable air cell cushions are used to prevent bed sores on wheelchairs and such. Bicycle saddles must be the hardest thing in the world to get right.
No they aren't really hard to get right. Just costs money to be trying to find the right one for you. Also your perceptions change as you go through the process and what was once important becomes less important.

You claim of pain in your sit bones just has me believing that your butt just hasn't gotten used to the saddle. Did you take some time off from riding? My butt goes through that briefly for about two weeks or so if I haven't ridden in a while. Or even if I ride an unusually long ride after only doing short rides for a while.

Perhaps your cushion isn't letting your sit bones adjust like they should. And if that is your issue, then it can be quite painful to sit on the saddle for a week or so. However if this is muscle pain or skin irritation, then that is not going to go away if you don't find the issue.
Likes For Iride01: