Old 07-02-21, 10:01 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by steelbikeguy
yeah... I noticed that too, after I drew it out. I did specify that it was a lousy drawing!

I thought it still made the point about the frame ground connections, but I'd hate to see someone use it as a guide to just power a tail light.

Steve in Peoria
Yes, your intentions were good.

Photo below, I picked up a cheap ($10) dynohub wheel at a bike charity and put it on my errand bike, Shimano so it is grounded to the fork. I had a D Lumotec headlamp sitting on the shelf, the headlamp was made for bottle generators, thus no switch and grounded to the mounting bolt. Simplest wiring job I have ever done, hub grounded to the fork, light grounded to the fork, so only a single conductor wire was needed.

Light is too low to light up the road very well, but it is my errand bike so it is only ridden on well light city streets. Mostly used as a to-be-seen light, not a light to see with.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: