Old 02-03-23, 01:24 PM
Bully4

Bikes: Trek madone and emonda, one older Cannonade

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
So sorry for the loss of your friend. That is awful.

I have lost friends and buddies from motorcycles, skiing, falling off a pickup, car accidents, falls, ruptured aneurysm during a hockey game, etc. and quite a few cyclists and all were mowed down from behind. So, I am very cautious. Riding only on low traffic roads with a Varia and an Italian bar end mirror cycle. Traffic is low enough that I check every car to make sure it is giving me a little berth.

I took care of a loved one 24/7 in her last 2-3 years of life, she did not even recognize me. If I had the choice and were her, I would not wanted to be alive but that isn't really an option in that state of mind. I figure to start drinking and smoking cigars at 80 and go out that way.
I have witnessed the slow demise of a family member as well. My heart goes out to you. Funny how it changes one’s thoughts about the future. It would be easy to retreat back into a shell of safety. I choose to hang it out there and take my chances. I use the same safety precautions as you. I spend a lot of my summer on two wheels. Never know what fate has in store for a person.

Best wishes!!