View Single Post
Old 03-07-24, 02:54 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10488 Post(s)
Liked 12,015 Times in 6,151 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
It's not just a tight and form fitting jersey for a pro cyclist, but also the techie windtunnel stuff like new materials, orientation of fabric, seams/seamless, etc. I do not know any details, but one clothing manufacturer claims 5 watts (I think) saved with their newest pro jersey.

I agree, if "not having to hear all that flapping fabric ... the noise bugs the living hell out of me." - is a problem on one's rides, then the jersey may not fit. Or you ride much, much faster than I.

edit:
The helmet isn't aero and the jersey not a race fit, especially with a collar. The 'flapping' hasn't bothered me. A high-tech jersey would be low on the list of things to make me faster - if that were even a priority. YMMV.

Roll On. Just don't forget your readers!
Living and riding on the SF Peninsula, I'm frequently riding into a substantial headwind, so my air speed is often significantly higher than my ground speed. And then there are a number of straight, fast, but short descents on my usual ride and I am a big fan of the free speed that being over 90kg gets me - the only advantage extra mass provides.

Sweet Bianchi, BTW. I love the drillium chainrings!

Do they whistle at speed? All that flapping and whistling, you must sound like a one man band!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: