Old 03-04-23, 05:37 AM
Jantaras

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Tubular gluing process interrupted: how to proceed?

Hello,

This is a thought experiment, not a real problem ATM. I could not find answers by Googling.
So, after using tubular tape for some time, I am ready for gluing with tubular glue. I already have a jar of Vittoria Mastik One.
The gluing process looks like a straightforward one, but could be a little messy.
I think I'll try the one suggested by Zipp (from Youtube):
Day1. one layer of glue on rim and tire
Day2. one layer on rim
Day3. one layer on rim and install tire after about 5 mins.

Now, what happens if after Day2 I get sick, go to hospital or something and can't proceed to Day3 procedure? Lets say after Day2 I get delayed for a week, can I just proceed with Day 3 procedure, a layer on rim and install tire or it is better to start all form Day1 procedure?

I can't undestand how the glue works. Will the new layer on Day3 activate the already completelly dried layers on tire and rim and glue them together? If it is right, then maybe even a delay of 1 week would not be significant?
Or the new layer on Day3 activate the somewhat, but not completelly dried (24-48h) layers on tire and rim? If this is the case, then a delay of 1 week would be significant.

Also, after installing the tire, would pumping it to pressure be enough to glue it completelly? Or should it be ridden in a day or so to complete the gluing process? Basically, the question is, can I glue them in winter?

Thanks for your insights!