View Single Post
Old 09-17-21, 10:17 PM
lancelegstrong

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
By "crankshaft" do you mean bottom bracket ? Your second photo seems to show the left side bottom bracket cup not fully seated in the frame. As to your chainring bolts being loose, that could certainly cause noise. Perhaps you just need shorter bolts so they will tighten fully. Did you originally have an inner chainring that you removed to make it a single speed, and reused the original bolts ? Your Dura Ace crank arms are probably not the cause of the noise, so replacing them will not solve the problem. They are top quality, so I would not replace them.
Ohh sorry i meant to say crankset not crankshaft (getting my car and bike parts mixed up haha), but yeah the noise is coming from that area, just not sure where exaclty, hard to pinpoint so could be bottom bracket, could be crankset

I didn't realise about the bracket cup not being correctly seated, i will have to take a look at it and see if i can fix it. Perhaps thats also part of the problem?

I receive the bike as it is currently so not sure about the history, i'm assuming that whoever but the chainring on maybe used FSA bolts instead of durace ones so thats why they don't clamp properly, or the FSA chainring is just a bit thinner than the durace ones are so theres a gap in between? Im hoping with the correct (durace) chainring on the crankset it'll fix the problem though.

So you think definitely keep the durace and just replace the parts as needed?

Cheers