View Single Post
Old 10-11-16, 07:22 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
Fixed! And my other road bike too had a flat and is fixed! My third roadie and second mtb haven't left the basement all summer Can't have too many bikes

My lineup:
2006 Kuota Kredo w/ Campy Chorus 10sp
1990 Trek 7000 w/ a mix of new XT Dynasys 10sp and Deore parts where it counts, and some original where it doesn't matter. XT dynasys is the best! Also has a dynamo hub and of course the 10sp rear wheel. The rear hub is LX, and the front is a 3N72, an LX equivalent so they say.
1991 Trek 8000 w/ all original Deore DX parts. This bike is so similar to the 7000, but yet was a much better bike at the time. I'd have upgraded this one instead of the 7000 except I liked it all original.
1981 Davidson custom built w/ Campy downtube NR shifting, 10sp velomax wheels and a mix of other parts. You'd be surprised at how well friction shifting works with a 10sp cluster. No noise, smooth shifts, never between gears as the spacing is so close.
1982 Italo Zilioli bike from Italy, all original Campy SR pantograph. A beautiful bike that sits in my basement. It needs a new pair of hoods for the Modolo Kronos brakes that were the rage at the time, the first hidden cable "aero" brakes.

I bought the Kuota, the 8000 and the Davidson new, the Zilioli my stepfather bought in his home town of Cuneo and gave to me. As far as I know it is one of only 2 in the USA. They weren't exported.

I guess I'm due for another bike as it has been 10 years.

Last edited by zacster; 10-11-16 at 07:37 PM.