View Single Post
Old 11-18-16, 03:58 PM
Carlosss

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
My guess is that he's jumping from the top of turns 3-4, after climbing into the top of the turn. Some people wait until falling out of 4 to "turn on the gas" and accelerate past the track start/finish line and hit top speed at the flying 200M start line.

So, the double peaks of speed look right, especially with the top speed being between turns 1-2...where the 200M start line is.

But it also looks like his speedo reads every 1 second. I would love to see this data over every 0.5s. I would also love to see Cadence on the same chart.
@Carlosss, can you export the same chart with both speed and cadence on the same chart? Power, too, if you have it.
That sounds about right, I usually start accelerating after climbing into the top of the turn, I guess somewhere in turn 4. Good to know the double peaks are okay, didn't really know what to expect and wasn't sure whether or not I was just loosing pace where I shouldn't.

I don't have a powermeter unfortunately but here are the plots for speed and cadence, both on same graph and stacked. Note that these were with 49/13 (102"), rather than 51/13, they're from a different flying 200m to the one posted before--the cadence data from that one was faulted for some reason and many data points were missing. In this one the speed before the jump was even a bit lower, as was the top speed.

Last edited by Carlosss; 11-18-16 at 04:25 PM.