Old 03-08-21, 11:13 AM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,967 Times in 1,916 Posts
Originally Posted by Pahana
Last week I and my wife rode on a bike path that I've been riding for 20 years. I've stayed away for most of the pandemic because it was built in the 1980s and is narrow at best. But we wanted a change where we ride and went there for a 4 hour trip. I understand that the pandemic has brought more people to cycling and that accounts for the increase in traffic but many of the people were on ebikes. This path was not made for ebikes or wheel chairs for that matter. I take my Brompton for this ride because I don't want to go too fast as it is narrow with lots of turns. I saw a lot of people who without ebikes would not be riding. I'm not against ebikes but something needs to be done to account for the increase in riders and speed on this particular path. I'm wondering if others experienced similar issues. Some of these bikes were more motorcycle looking than bicycle looking. There are many other places to ride where these types of bikes would be no problem but cities need to look into old bicycle infrastructure and make changes to include the increase in ebike use.
putting E-tolls on the path might limit it