View Single Post
Old 06-18-21, 11:34 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,483 Times in 4,185 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Have you never heard of send an order request? My wife has worked in costumer service for years and they received customer order requests every single day. When you order something online, you are sending and order request. If they have it, they send it. If they cannot fulfill your order request, then they can not send it. So everything you send online is actually an order request. He sent an order request for the jerseys. He SENT for them.
Yeah man, I know what you meant. It was just funny since it isnt a common way to phrase what your friend did. He bought something online. No need to try and church it up- He bought a jersey from a website.
Its nearly universal in everything Ive read thats in US style English to say 'bought it online' or 'got it online'.

Again, I understood. It was simply funny to read since its almost totally unused as a phrase and what popped into my head was something from hundreds of years ago.
Likes For mstateglfr: