View Single Post
Old 08-16-21, 07:05 PM
kfried

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I somehow missed this thread. I recently took delivery of my Dean Grays All Road fframeset and could not be happier. I built it out with an Ultegra R8000 groupset. It looks great, and now that I have it dialed in it rides beautifully. I did my first century last weekend and I finished the ride feeling very fresh. My previous bike (a Charge Plug steel frame/fork) always left me feeling like I had been in a street fight. But the Dean rode smooth all day--due also to the Rene Herse tires and carbon seatpost--and I was thrilled. There was one significant muck up on the frame. I had asked for a T47 BB and this was listed on the final CAD drawing. But the frame was delivered with a BSA. For me, that's not a deal breaker but it might have been for others. But again, just totally happy with my Dean.

I should also note that the builder who oversaw my frame has now moved on with the sale mentioned above. But I was told the new lead welder coming in had decades of experience and they expected no drop off in weld quality.