View Single Post
Old 09-13-21, 03:46 PM
PapaEZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Greetings from central/upstate NY

Hello everyone, new member greetings from Huron NY. This will be short, hopefully not a duplicate introduction. I've just started biking again after two decades. Haven't ridden since I was a teen. I currently have a box store mountain bike, a Kent Northpoint which was a budget purchase to get into biking again and tow my little one in her bicycle trailer. I also have a Retrospec Harper (w/ coaster brake). Neither are great bikes, but they get me riding. Aside from the basics, I knew very little of bicycles when making the purchases and looking to learn more. Looking to ride for fun with the family, possibly commuting and for being overall healthier.

I had some physical ailments that put me down for six months and was relatively inactive for the last few months which didn't do me (or my pants size) any good. Just started riding again the other week, usually a one mile circuit with my eldest (6yrs.) on his bike. Today with my little one in tow I rode four miles which was a blast. Just need to work on hill climbing and general strength/endurance as I struggled a bit.

That's it for now, take care.