Old 04-26-20, 09:26 PM
GoingJapanese

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replaced the Steer Stop

Originally Posted by Cyclefiend
Hi GoingJapanese, in your case did Trek just replace the limiter or did they repair/replace the damaged fork? Mine is a Project One model so I'm curious if they will replace the fork with the same paint scheme.
the first time i broke it the dealer replaced it but the y dropped my claim, because i was also claiming for the damage paint, exactly the same as yours,(sorry im new here and xould post photos), they insist that it was a caused by a hard impact, even though i kept asking to check the bike thoroughly if they can any signs of impact, i reported it to Trek and they said that they couldnt go against their dealers assesment, so i endeed up paying for it, not have it repainted. The second time i broke it i complain again because it was just 3 rides since the last one broke and its very weak plastic like literally you to avoid contacting it, plus the the top cap of headset which is carbon is somewhat sharp that also caused the damage, so accordingly to trek they made a new steer stop that is more stronger.

i have bought a spare steer stop from the first incident so i made
the replacement by myself since it was too easy, the design i think for SLR & SL is the same you can see this steer stop when you turn the fork its the black thing that was screwed on the headtube