Old 04-04-22, 04:38 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker
The Gekko is made by HP Velotechnic but it is not just one trike but four models ranging in cost from $1,990 to $4,980 based on the price list at Bicycleman in Alfred NY. https://www.hpvelotechnik.com/en/rec...umbent-trikes/ It is definitely one of the better brand of trikes as evidenced by owner satisfaction.
I think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective as to amortizing the expense of a trike over your remaining years. I'm probably older than you. If someone stole my Catrike 700 I would immediately look for another Catrike, preferably an Expedition or 700 because it is so much fun to ride a really good quality trike. My first trike was not cheap. It turned out to be not very dependable with a couple of serious design defects. It was so much of a pleasure to own and ride my second trike, an Australian made Greenspeed GTO. The basic design wasn't that much different but it stopped faster, handled far better, and best of all I knew it wasn't likely to break down unexpectedly. I rode it 29K miles in 9 years with just one on-road breakdown (not counting flats). Whoever survives you can resell the trike and make a few bucks back. All depends on what you can afford. Any trike is going to attract attention far more than a regular bike.
i'm 72. I spent a small fortune (to me) on my custom 2 wheel Bike Friday. It was worth it because I used it to replace an automobile and at that time I expected to ride it for years and on vacation. I am selling it because I can't ride a 2 wheeler anymore; I have a health issue that might mean I can't ride months from now, no way to determine at this point, but my health and ability to ride is questionable to say the least. Thus, I am not willing to spend more on a trike at this time.