View Single Post
Old 06-09-22, 08:56 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3240 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
You would want to be riding single track that does not have an abundance of difficult technical features that require skill and stamina to ride. The Trail Forks app often shows a lot of the single track in a particular region and often times is color coded as to difficulty levels. Yellow and green tend to be easier (as I recall). I'm only a few years behind you, have been mt. biking 33 years, but have stopped riding trails with technical features as I no longer want to get hurt in a fall, takes a lot longer to heal and my wife is tired of dealing with an injured husband doing something stupid.

I pretty much do all my mt. biking in fall and early winter (before we get persistent snow cover), when road riding is too cold. We can mt. bike down to 15-20 degrees comfortably, not moving as quick (8-10 mph avg,) are not out as long, and less wind in wooded areas. I transition to mostly road in spring and summer to avoid ticks and poison ivy.

Last edited by Steve B.; 06-09-22 at 09:02 AM.
Likes For Steve B.: