Old 10-14-22, 11:41 AM
vegasbike

Bikes: a few- I like them

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
I concur, the fork does not match the frame, for the reasons already stated by several members. Also, as noted by P!N20, the serial number is consistent with MIKI of Japan. If so, it indicates a 1983 model. The frame characteristics are certainly typical of a Japanese, mid-range, grand touring model from this period.

Maybe it's the influence of the fleur-de-lys but I sense that this may be a Canadian brand. Canadian bicycles known to be sourced from Miki during this era include Norco, Sakai and Velo Sport. While I can't recall seeing anything that is an exact match, it's similar to their Magnum, LDT and Alpin models of this vintage.
Thank you, I had been researching and with the help of everyone on this fabulous forum.. I sort of came up with similar conclusions.... the fleur de lilles had me thinking marinoni and perhaps even Miele. Of course I originally thought that maybe if the fork was from marinoni then the rest of the frame was not...especially with the lack of seat stay enscriptions and cutout under bottom bracket. Then I thought perhaps its a french canadian build like the Mikado touring bike I once had...
In any case always fun to try and figure it out. In the end, the ride is all that matters...except when its winter and snowing and all one can do is dream of riding