Old 09-28-21, 09:34 AM
The_woo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Wow. Almost sounds like your club did a group buy of bikes. But, just so you know. Just like disc brakes, the consumer is telling the industry that they want tubeless every time they buy a TL-setup bike.
Hmm, not sure I'd put it like that.
It's more that the Liv branding has been successful marketing wise.

There are very few options to buy a new bike that's not at least 'tubeless ready' these days anyway.
Experiences like ours are not going to help sell tubeless anything in the near future.

Originally Posted by Rolla
They don't give out patch kits and pumps to bike buyers, either.
There are other plugs that work just as well.
Can you name some? I've not heard of anyone online claiming success with other plug types for road use.

That's not really their job, is it? Do they give customers spare chain links, tire irons, or spoke wrenches? Do they teach them how to bleed disc brakes?
Disc brakes don't need maintenance multiple times a year with the exact sealant already used to set them up, and aren't something that every rider is goes prepared to fix the old version of whenever they ride.
You have to go above and beyond if you're pushing gimmicky new technology.

Their lack of preparation is their own fault.
Yeah I'll tell them that, it'll go down well.

What does their gender have to do with anything?
Sex. But purely that they are extra keen not to be seen as helpless damsels in distress, but have been left stuck by this new tech.
Many of them only started riding seriously in the last year or two.

There are still plenty of bikes and wheels that aren't tubeless. Don't buy what you don't want.
Wheels maybe, but all mid-range & above bikes are at least 'tubeless ready' in shops near me.

Expecting buyers to be an expert in new untested tech that less than 1% of road cyclist have experience with is going to create bad experiences, especially when the giant retailer selling the bikes doesn't even sell the appropriate plugs & boots to have a chance of fixing them.