View Single Post
Old 06-16-22, 12:42 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22600 Post(s)
Liked 8,928 Times in 4,160 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Same with those that I know. Lots of frustration and dissatisfaction.

The law business has changed a lot in my 38 years of practice, but things are not quite as dysfunctional as the medical industry. The one thing that probably saves us is we do not have to rely on insurance companies or third-party payors. I quit working for insurance companies (defending injury cases) in 1991, and never looked back.

Politics has f'ed up the law biz, especially if you practice in a state with elected judges. Federal court practice (which I now prefer) is not so bad, but there are some judges to watch out for.
Imagine if a paralegal could work autonomously or semi-autonomously and compete with you and say they can do "everything" a lawyer could do. That's a taste of noctors. Plus, imagine that your fees were capped at say, $100/hr, and that everyone got paid the same, including paralegals, because of a 3rd party payor system.

There is more to it than that, but yeah, the healthcare system is dysfunctional in many ways.