Old 07-30-22, 10:33 PM
1simplexnut

Bikes: 1963? Anquetil , 1973 PX10,1979 PX10,1984 PX10, VITUS 979 PX10DU,1970S ALAN,1985 PSV10,1980s PY10FC,1978 bERTIN,ALAN carbon

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 636 Times in 283 Posts
Originally Posted by MRich1104
First post here on Bike Forums, but I have learned a lot from the countless discussions I've read over the past few months. This seems like a great community!

My brother and I are restoring a 1984 Peugeot PGN10, which he found discarded behind a building at his work. A previous owner switched the rear derailleur for a Campagnolo Nuovo Record which we plan to keep (but need to find jockey wheels). The front derailleur is a broken Simplex (likely original) attached via braze-on. We want to match the RD with a Campy NR front derailleur, but it seems that the braze-on fitting is in a different orientation on the Simplex vs any of the Campy's we've seen on eBay. The threads in the frame are on the lateral axis; whereas, all the braze-on Nuovo Records I've seen on eBay require threads through the frame on the longitudinal axis. Should we just get a clamp-on NR? I'd prefer a solution that doesn't leave the bike looking unfinished with an empty braze-on. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Hiya ,
I have a couple of those front mechs in the "spares" box .
If you decide to stay original let me know .
More than happy to move one on for the cost of shipping .
Keep in mind I am a fair old way from you though