Old 06-13-07, 02:06 AM
FranckCisco
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would, but custom designed frames, my choice of groupset, etc...these are variables that always raise cost.

Personally, I love BD bikes....I bought 3 from them and know many people who did...and no one ever felt they got scammed or felt they bought a lesser quality product than what local bikeshops offer.

Originally Posted by Vertr
If there were an alternative to bikes direct; without the ripped-off brands, sketchy marketing, ugly graphics, and so-so customer service, would you purchase a bike from them?

The reason I ask, is while I think bikes direct has its place, the company could be portrayed so much better. While this is sort of dreaming, I’m thinking of creating a bike company similar in business model to BD, but more legit feeling.

Custom designed frames (aluminum and carbon), understated yet clean eye-pleasing graphics, a quality company image, and good customer service.

The product line wouldn’t be complex like BD’s; it would probably consist of 2 or 3 carefully designed frames, with a choice of build kit for each, with pricing similar to BD.

Do you think that there is a market for this?
Would you buy a bike from me providing I can deliver the product as promised?

I appreciate any input. (I'm starting to get the entrepreneurial itch again!).

Thanks,

es