View Single Post
Old 01-29-18, 08:23 PM
andrewsjr

Bikes: Litespeed Xircon, Specialized Transition Pro/Zipp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well ‘livestreamed’ is a very loose interpretation. Actually it was a 360 camera on a pole with no intelligible commentary or on screen graphics. For me the picture stuttered and that was tested on Mac\PC and both a 25mbps+ 4g LTE and a 50mbps broadband with the same results. I understand others may have had a smooth picture. The point is, this was meant to be the grand opening and for remote viewers it was a very poor experience. I think the Facebook Live feed peeked at a pultry 12 viewers with <8 for most of the time. I gave up watching after 20 mins. There was zero information on the format of the races or the riders. I realize that the ‘deal’ with Detroit Public TV may have fallen through, but how difficult would it have been to update the FB page and the online flyer to show the URL more than 5mins before it went Live?

The long term success of this facility will ultimately be decided by the new riders that use it, not the seasoned riders. The first months experience has been very frustrating as you have to search and hound the staff for information. The communications need to seriously improve going forward.

Now that the first event is done, the excuse of other startup priorities is no longer valid. Subsequent events and media posts need attention. I wish the facility every success, it deserves it.

Jon.