Old 07-23-18, 12:04 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I use Adobe Lightroom for still photo editing on the PC. Helps with organizing, consistency and minimizing clutter. Lightroom was unique when first developed because it doesn't actually modify photos -- it's "non-destructive," meaning edits attach instructions to the photos to show them as the final edit will appear when saved or printed. But it doesn't create unnecessary duplicate files to clutter up a hard drive.

Lightroom isn't perfect but after using it for several years I'm accustomed to the workflow. And it works with all my camera raw files.

On my phones and tablets I like Snapseed. I keep trying other apps but none of them works as well as Snapseed -- including Lightroom for Android. My mobile devices record only JPEGs so there's no advantage to a raw editor if it's a slower resource hog. And Snapseed works sort of like a small scale version of Lightroom, recording each step in the editing process that can be undone or modified later (as long as the photo is saved using the option to record and save editing steps).

Thanks for the reference to Shotcut. I've been looking for a decent free video editor. I've tried many but none of them suited me. I keep going back to Windows Movie Maker even though I don't really like it. But it''s less annoying than the other really annoying free video editors. And my desktop PC lacks a really good video card so there's no advantage to a full blown video editor.