Old 04-11-20, 06:17 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Ironfish653
How about No.
I don't really have the time (Ok, I do, but I don't feel the need to) to get into the weeds about the lab test values of the waterproof ability of a jacket. I don't wear my jacket in the lab. Ok, I do, but only if I've just come inside.

None of us really have a quarrel with the jacket itself, it seems like a nice enough jacket, good price for the brand, but nothing you couldn't also get from labels like TheNorthFace, Mountain HardWear and even L.L.Bean. Some of us are pretty serious outdoor people, too, and our requirements for a cycling rain jacket, or our definition what severe weather entails might be different than yours.

It's just that the effusive, florid prose in praise of this jacket, and your strangely congratulatory, yet relentless pursuit of the members who expressed interest in it, coupled with the righteous indignation leveled at the intelligence of those who had the temerity to say 'Meh,' is just, well, really over the top for something as mundane as a jacket.

I mean, since your crusade to become a martyr in defense of Gatorbacks didn't work out, this is the hill you've chosen to die on?
I accept the premise of what you have to say.

Some observations:

In regards to the half hearted challenge to you, you can not find a jacket constructed like this particular Helly Hansen Jacket, the Vanir Slidr, with these specifications at The North Face, Mountain Hardweare or L.L. Bean at this price of this sale, $57 - $87 for certain sizes and colors. Not only you couldn't find one, you wouldn't even come close, not even in the ballpark. That is why I emphasized things so much, to try and get people interested, which is hard to do on BF because of so much skepticism here. This is truly a great deal without any exaggeration. I think you lump all HH gear together in their fashion model lines. I do not think you are familiar with this particular jacket and are heavily underestimating it. This is a really competent, professional jacket.

Again, my descriptions of the jacket and agreeing with those that developed an interest in it was to get them to try the jacket, because I truly believe it is well made and well designed, much better then you may think, at a tremendous deal. I have never seen a deal like this. I would like to see some people take advantage of it. As to your other point you are wrong. I did not express righteous indignation at the intelligence of those who said Meh, I did at those who made irrelevant comments trying to derail the thread. Two quick examples, the guy who said I was trying to personally sell him a jacket after he came onto the thread of his on free will and I did not even know he was there. This is the one you agreed with. Then we had the gentleman who said you can not have a breathable and waterproof jacket. That was enough.

I was a martyr for Hard Case Gator Skins.

We shall see what happens when Gconan receives his jacket.