Thread: Surly 1x1 Build
View Single Post
Old 09-21-21, 06:10 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked 781 Times in 498 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
It's actually a nice bike but I don't like the geometry and the one bottle cage mount on the seat tube instead of the down tube is probably not a big deal to most people but I can't stand that. If a bike is going to have just one mount it should be on the down tube where it's easier to reach and you can mount a frame pump on the seat tube vintage style. Doesn't even look right being on just the seat tube.
Many SS bikes and riders dont care or want two bottle cages. I do for longer hot rides so use a bar cage on my Steamroller. There are also ofcourse seat cage mounts. You surely know all this and the geometry and tube mount choices are Surly choices that do not please all. There are better choices for SS track bikes with racier geometries.