View Single Post
Old 10-30-17, 08:39 AM
rickbuddy_72

Location: Michigan, on the lake, 60 miles WNW of Chicago as the crow flies, or 90 miles if the crow walks.

Bikes: Dolan DF4, BH Ultralight, 1974 Schwinn Paramount Track, Trek Alpha 1000, Trek 730, Miyata 930 affixed to a Brian Wind Trainer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Dolan DF4 Dropout Issue

I'd heard about it from another fellow who owned a DF4, wanting to know if I had experienced the problem.

I'd only recently bought the bike and hadn't experienced the issue. I asked the guy if, along with his bike, he had gotten the warranty notice on the dropouts. I found a small note in the materials that warned that if I did not back off the rear dropout adjustment screws once I'd aligned and tightened down the rear wheel then my warranty would be voided. He told me he had seen no such notice. So is this how Dolan is addressing the issue? I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like it.

As for the seat post issue. My memory recalls a warning from them to be careful tightening the seat post bolt to spec. I'd read enough carbon fiber horror stories about the effect of over-torqued bolts that I didn't touch to post until I took delivery of a Shimano Pro torque wrench. I found my bolt was under-torqued a bit, so I removed the post, wiped things down inside and out, reapplied the carbon paste and torqued to spec. I have had no problems since (knock on carbon).

I hope this helps,

Rick