Old 12-30-18, 09:44 AM
dmerk2
Dmerk2

Bikes: 1985 Atala SLX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
L'eroica - Frame identification w/ appraisal needed.

Hi All,

I would love to have several opinions on this bike. Long story short - I acquired this frame from a small Italian bike shop in NYC in the 80's. I loved the look of the frame and since I was new to cycling at the time, I really didn't pay much attention to the brand/model, etc. Over the next few years (late 80's early 90's), I added different components, eventually having a full C-Record group on the frame. As time went on, I eventually traded some parts with some riding pals and now the bike is a mix of C-record, Super Record and 1 Dura-Ace front derailleur.

1) I would really love to accurately identify the model of this frame. I'm hoping the experts on this forum will chime in with their opinions. Based on the serial number, I believe it's an '85. I "think" the model is either a Corsa Professionisti or Corsa Speciale.

2) How rare is this Chrome glazing paint job? I have been searching around for vintage road frames in with this color, but have not been very successful. It's almost as if its extremely rare. Does it add to the value of the frame?

3) What is the appraisal value of the entire bike? If I were to sell, would it make more sense to move each part separately?

Here are what I believe to be the parts on this bike:
Headset - Campy Super Record
Bottom Bracket - Campy C Record
Hub set (front/Rear) - Campy C Record
Stem - Cinelli Customized for Atala
Handlebars - Cinelli
Crankset - Super Record
Shifters - C Record
Rear Derailleur - C record
Front Derailleur – Dura Ace
Seat Post - C Record
Wheels - Mavic Open 4-cd
Pedals – Currently Look, but have the original C-Record strap-ons.
Freewheel – Regina Extra America 13-19.

I'm attaching as many pics as I can. Please let me know if there is an angle or component you need a pic of to better asses the value. I appreciate all your opinions.