Old 11-09-20, 01:20 PM
ampizarr

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2020; Cannondale FS-I 2019

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D.NYC
So far so good! No snap, crackle or pop!!!

Here's my solution:

Remove seat post, then remove seat post assembly. Cut a laminated business card to fit the seatpost assembly on the "NGLI-2" side that grease is to be applied. Apply Phil Wood grease to the seatpost assembly NGLI-2 side, apply Phil Wood grease to the business card on both sides, apply Phil Wood grease to the inside portion of the frame where the seatpost assembly NGLI-2 meets the frame. Carefully reinsert seat post assembly with greased business card attached to seat post assembly's NGLI-2 side. Completely wipe any excess Phil Wood grease from seat post assembly CRB-GEL side. Apply Finish Line Fiber Grip to seatpost assembly CRB-GEL side. Apply Finish Line Fiber Grip to seatpost. Reinsert seatpost. Tighten seatpost assembly screw to the recommended 6nm torque. Happily ride your 2020 or 2021 Cannondale SuperSix Evo and listen to sound of your heavy panting as you climb any gradient more that 1 percent instead of your seat post assembly sounding like fireworks every time blink your eyes or any sort of movement or pothole!

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS CANNONDALE!!!!!!

I sincerely hope this is a permanent solution and this works for everyone. Be safe and happy riding!
Man, your solution totally worked for me...all the creaking comes from seat clamp interphase when the flexible frame does its thing. Putting something soft in the superior face of the clamp clearly damps the annoying sound. Kudos for you!