View Single Post
Old 01-11-21, 02:59 AM
geeteeiii

Bikes: HVZ Meteor 1979, HVZ Champion 1962, HVZ SS Moskva80 1981, Dürkopp 1936

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 70 Posts
Second bicycle i would like to share with is one of my favorites.

I have always ridden coaster brake bicycles and since most of my friends rode fixed gears, i preferred fixed gears to the geared normal ones. This one was for sale in our local marketplace.
Its a 1979 HVZ Meteor V68, intended for pursuit competitions on the velodrome as described in the factory manual. Its basically the highest end track bike available for sports clubs back in 1979. It had a sister version called Sprint V67, that was intended for sprints, as the name suggests. They were succeeded by the more common Sport Git as replacement for Meteor and Sport Sprint as replacement for the Sprint. Meteor was of Nikopol tubing,what is basically 0.6mm wall thickness Chrome moly tubing, nonbutted and seamless. Mine basically has none of its original parts, with only seatpost and bottom bracket remaining as original. It has a french thread bottom bracket. I will be getting a new fork for it soon, as the one on it is from a lower end HVZ Record track bike. This fork is defective as the bearing race sits crooked to the upper cup threading, so adjusting the headset bearings is basically impossible. These kinds of defects are common on soviet bikes.
Parts list:
Front wheel - Mavic GP4 28h with Campagnolo Record hub.
Rear wheel - Campagnolo Barcelona 92 with Gipiemme Pista hub.
Fork - HVZ Record
Saddle - Cinelli Unicanitor
Crankset - Campagnolo Record Strada
Stem - 3TTT pista
Handlebar - 3TTT Gimondi
Pedals - MKS track

Last edited by geeteeiii; 01-11-21 at 10:22 AM.