Old 04-03-21, 05:26 PM
LauraS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I got the new zero's from Wahoo. Rode X series for many years and had riddent the old zero's too so I figured I knew what I was doing. I installed the cleats correctly with the correct shims. I then spent a couple hours trying to find out why I couldn't clip in no matter how hard I tried, removing and reinstalling the cleats, lubing, trying to figure out why the C-clip/spring thingy wouldn't rotate unless I levered it with a flathead screwdriver. I was pretty pissed about missing my ride and sent a strongly worded email to customer support. Finally figured out I had to take a spreader to the C-clip/spring in order to loosen it. Once I spread it, it rotated freely and I could clip in and out. It's still pretty tight but now quite doable to get in and out. That said, my beautiful Saturday morning is gone. Now the wind has come up, the clouds have rolled in and it's damn cold, also not enough daylight left for a decent ride. I'm heading to my trainer to work off some of my anger. They really should not be sending out cleats this tight. Even someone significantly over 200lbs would have a hard time getting into these as delivered, and I have no idea how they'd ever get out.
Likes For LauraS: