Old 09-23-21, 06:24 AM
rustystrings61 

Bikes: 2002 Mercian Vincitore, 1982 Mercian Colorado, 1976 Puch Royal X, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1971 Gitane Tour de France and others

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,396 Times in 694 Posts
I started using eBay in 1998 or so, back when you could send money orders - even checks, I think. And it was good and it worked pretty well then, but not so much now. I began pulling back from it when they began taking a cut of shipping, and the fees seemed to me to keep climbing. Now as a seller they insist on paying me through them to my bank account. When I was paid through PayPal, there were options that are faster than what eBay does now. The last thing I sold, a pair of Sidi cycling shoes, I wound up clearing about 60% of total cost, between shipping and fees.

For the last few years I have had much better luck with cycling stuff just selling directly, especially here in the C&V For Sale forum. I still sell stuff via the ClassicRendezvous group and sometimes sell or buy things via the old internetbob group. Fewer fees and less hassle and faster transactions that way, it seems to me.