View Single Post
Old 06-02-21, 12:45 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 961 Post(s)
Liked 1,628 Times in 1,044 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
...don't walk out of the store with the bike until everything is working right and to your satisfaction.
I used to ride at a local state park where cyclists would gather in the evening for a few quick five mile up and down loops. I carry a fair set of tools and was surprised at how often cyclists would need sometimes major adjustments on their brand new bikes. When ever you get a bike new or old it remains unproven till ya get it out there and ride it. And when ever you get on a bike remember your Pre-Flight check list.

I'm an old guy with old equipment so I can offer good advice on old equipment. Some of the new bikes to say the least need micrometer adjustments with micro/macro examination. That's not me, yet...

When I look around at older bikes that have been converted to gravel or touring I find the same old names, Nishiki, Univega, Fuji, Panasonic, Myata. Most are Japanese. Almost all are ChroMo.