View Single Post
Old 09-18-22, 09:31 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,761 Times in 634 Posts
Originally Posted by JulesCW
Wow -- that yard is hardly in disarray. In the background I see two older kids ride-on toys -- perhaps they are being used by kids? My wonderful neighbors have young kids and toys bought from yard sales -- functional and fine. If you think that's a "crappy yard" that demonstrates a "personal life in such disarray" i'm guessing you do not live in a neighborhood with working-class folks who don't have gardeners.

The bike itself is very clean, well displayed, and, IMHO, worth the asking price -- it does not look like the consumables are perished, and it likely is ride-ready. Perhaps a bottom-feeder might expect to pay less, but that's not out of line at all. As the Op has missed out on others and this one is close by, I'd say go take a look, ride it, and if it fits and works well offer $125, but be happy if they stay firm at $150.

You might even meet the kids who ride those toys left in the yard! Bonus days!
+1 The bike does look to be in riding shape with nice basically new tires which is a big plus with the current cost availability of tires and tubes $75-100 for nicer set of tubes tires for 26" MTB.