View Single Post
Old 11-02-22, 04:50 PM
phedge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 260 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
With supply so short and my size so large, there is no chance to test ride any of these bikes. Any tips how I should proceed? I am thinking Cervelo or Domane. The cervelo takes fenders, which is a plus. The domane has the best vibration damping but I wonder about the stem and seat fixing points in terms of reliability
Caledonia and Domane are different enough that you need to be sure you want one over the other. My LBS carries both so I got to test ride back to back to back. Caledonia handles and accelerates quicker while the Domane is slightly more sedate and deliberate. Not huge differences, but over longer rides the difference would add up. Neither one is a race frame but the Cervelo is probably more like a race endurance while the Domane would be the touring endurance (an exaggeration but you get the idea). Another comparison, I also owned a 2022 Cannondale Synapse for a couple months, it's closer to the Cervelo, with quicker handling but less efficient pedaling. Amazing how designers can dial in just the ride feel they think their customers want.

Cervelo sells through online retailers so you may be able to find something out there, but end of 2022 beginning of 2023 makes it tough. Good luck.