View Single Post
Old 10-16-22, 09:08 PM
circlemaker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
So you are basically comparing a Canyon Aeroroad vs Ultimate. In theory the Aeroroad should be the quickest bike in all but full-on alpine routes. But the Ultimate is likely to be a little more comfortable, which may be better overall for the average rider. Personally I ride a Canyon Endurace, which is an even more comfortable version of the Ultimate.
The latest version of the Ultimate is a little more aero optimised than the outgoing model, so could be a good compromise. The weight vs aero trade-off on modern bikes is pretty small. There's more difference in weight between low and high spec versions of the same bike. If you throw enough cash at it then you can have both aero and low weight.
Thanks, PeteHski. Compliance is certainly a factor worth consideration, especially at my age. Now I must consider which kind of pain I prefer: the pain of rattled bones and a sore butt from a less compliant bike, or the the pain of lactic Acidosis from fighting the wind without optimal aerodynamics. OK. I'm not being completely serious here. And your preferance for the lighter, more compliant bike is sensible. But I'm still undecided because one of the two advantages of being a smaller rider is that I can ride a very light frame without flexing it. ----- How do you like your Endurance? And how is the experience of buying direct from Canyon?