View Single Post
Old 10-28-22, 06:36 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 259 Posts
I lost 160 lbs. over 2 years at age 50. I changed my diet to all whole foods low carb. No processed food, no sugar, no bread of any kind, no rice, potatoes or pasta. Don't drink milk to fill up. Fill up on a large salad with a vinaigrette, olive oil based, dressing. Drink water and unsweet tea or coffee only.

The best way to lose weight is to saturate yourself with as much information about diet and exercise as possible. I never counted calories. In my opinion all calories are not equal. While it is certainly true that you will have to burn more calories than you consume to lose weight, different foods effect the body differently. Someone who is obese and has developed insulin insensitivity will produce more insulin to counter rapid blood sugar rises from highly absorbable foods than an athlete that just needs to drop a few pounds. Point being, not all diets work the same for all people, but if you obsess over dietary information enough, you will find what works well for you.

Overall, your diet needs to consist of the most balanced nutrition possible, while still containing fewer calories than you burn. If you simply look at calories in VS calories out, you may lose weight, but to be healthy while doing it you need a nutritionally balanced diet.

-

Last edited by RH Clark; 10-28-22 at 06:40 AM.
Likes For RH Clark: