Old 11-10-22, 08:13 PM
Bacciagalupe
Professional Fuss-Budget

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
The key word above is IF. For those who want to go faster, or even further with less effort, what lengths would you go to getting there?
Training is your best bet. It will increase both your physical and mental capacity, and it will take a long time to reach your maximum athletic ability (if you ever get there).

Drafting off of other riders will increase your speed.

Changing position, aero socks, tight cycling clothing, aero helmet, aero shoe covers, tires with low rolling resistance, HRMs are pretty cheap.

Professional fit and power meters are moderately expensive, usually worth it if you ride lots and want to improve.

Aero wheels and aero frame are expensive, especially given the relatively small benefits and occasional downside (e.g. aero wheels don't always handle well in crosswinds). I don't see much in them unless you're competing in something.

The bike's weight doesn't matter, unless you're literally doing a hill climbing competition. Being healthier is more important than losing body weight.

I avoid supplements. Their benefits are often exaggerated, and quality can be dubious. I'd recommend you stick to coffee.
Likes For Bacciagalupe: