View Single Post
Old 11-20-22, 12:43 AM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked 539 Times in 333 Posts
Originally Posted by tudorowen1
Thanks Ron for the post..Boardwalk has 7 gears now I believe which may be upgradable to 8 or 9 depending on the hub..I am thinking of one to take back to the UK..Chances are the spares for the Boardwalk 20 inch are much the same..I have a Brompton at home but used to have a BF Tikit..Hoping the Boardwalk 16 can come close to feeling like a Tikit..My Brompton is nice but the wide gap between each gear spoils it slightly plus rear wheel punctures are no fun..
Yeah... If you are in SEAsia, I don't see why, other than you need it today cuz you're flying out tomorrow, why you'd take a boxed Boardwalk over asking a bike shop to build you a Gust and boxing it for travel. You'll get a better equipped bike from the get-go for about the same amount of money. Better yet, buy the Frameset, wheel set, handle post and other essential oats, put them in your suitcase and build the thing at your leisure and with the parts your want in the UK. A third option is, something that I myself have done in the region, is to buy the bike, ask the shop to swap out components, they keep the removed components which can be sold as new, you get a discount in return, they put it back in the original box and you fly out with a new and already upgraded bike.

Note the front block on the Gust, compatible with Broxxxon bits.

Apples to Apples, a Gust build with the same level of components and parts as a Boardwalk 16" costs less too.

Last edited by Ron Damon; 11-20-22 at 04:07 PM.