Thread: Shifter worries
View Single Post
Old 11-25-22, 01:13 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
My bikes don`t have shifters, I ride singlespeed.
Hey sorry my medal maker is closed for the holidays hope it is ok they make it next week?

I love single speeds and fixed gears, I have two of them and have plans for the third but that isn't so much relevant in this thread. We are all pretty understanding that generally yes a single speed or fixed gear is lower trouble and no shift issues however if you have a shifter probably listen to what cxwrench said it is good advice. Keep things well maintained and you are less likely to have an issue and if you get totally screwed out there just Missy Elliot it:
Put your thing down, flip it and reverse it

Also get really top quality cables and housing and that can help as well along with maintenance. If you have severe bends a more flexible set up like say Jagwire Elite Link might be helpful to provide a smoother cable transition and with the really high polished slick stainless cables it makes them glide so smooth.