View Single Post
Old 08-10-09, 07:29 AM
oldfixguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PoN
I'd get more info if you are really interested in the proper diet for man as a species. It may mean life or death to you or someone you know. Raw/Vegan/Living food diets are curing lots of diseases... cancer, diabeties, etc. Your body has intelligent design and can cure, maintain, detox, and rejuvenate itself of most any problem, if it has the right building blocks to do it.

The horrible disease in our culture pretty much started when we all started eating cooked, processed, and packaged food.

Meat is only appropriate for carnivores... such as cats, dogs, some reptiles, etc.

Man's digestion is closest to fruit and leaf eaters like chimps and apes.

Milk is only appropriate for babies of the species its from. Cow milk is for baby cows. Human mother's milk is only appropriate for human babies, etc.

Keep an open mind... check it out for yourself. Go raw vegan for 30 days and see how you feel after you've detoxed.

For starters some info here...
http://www.living-foods.com/faq.html
http://www.living-foods.com/articles/
Oh boy, I could spend countless lines of forum space showing you exactly how wrong these statements are when applied to healthy people. But, I won't. I speak to the one topic I know intimately - diabetes. I am an hereditary, type 1 (insulin dependent) diabetic and unless your vegan diet can resurrect a pancreas and fix a misguided immune system (it can't) then being a vegan can only be of value to type II diabetics who are that way due to obesity. It's actually a small percentage of the entire type II view. There are plenty of reasons type II diabetes creeps into peoples lives. Age is actually the biggest factor - our body's begin to wind down. There are those who suffer from under active pancreases. Diet is one but it's nothing close to the answer to all type II diabetes and as an anecdote it's worthless to type 1's.

If anyone has a deplorable diet then improving that will no doubt improve the health of the person. But, that makes becoming a vegan no more of a better choice than a diet with reasonable meat intake. It's a choice but it's not the only one nor is it the healthiest. There are essential vitamins and minerals we as humans require for top health that can be found no where else. Well, not exactly right - meat actually is very good at creating the proper metabolic environment for the absorption of certain nutrients but it's not the only place to get them. Obviously, it's a modern world and supplements exist but by very definition your chosen dietary habits leave something to be desired. You are in the majority. Most of us poison or under nourish ourselves to one degree or another.

Please enjoy your chosen lifestyle. You are harming no one and I wish you well. But, my eyes are in the front of my head for a reason. I'm a hunter by nature and intended to eat meat (within reason).