View Single Post
Old 08-29-21, 12:48 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,997 Times in 1,780 Posts
Back out again this morning to have another try. This time I took out the Gentleman's Poodle & Grouse Society Lemond. Another bike I know carries speed well so I figured it would help me make the goal even if the legs were tired. Started out slow for the first several miles. Not that the legs felt dead or sore or tired I just wasn't getting the speed up for some reason. I do know that when the temps are in the 50's the air does feel heavier if that makes sense, like more resistance. Probably all in my head, lol! Anyway got things going eventually. This was one of those days though were I almost got taken out. First time was teenagers in a little sub compact that blew a stop sign. I had already been slowing as I approached because I could tell they were going to do that. Mild braking to let them clear so I could continue. But later a pickup pulling a long horse trailer did me wrong big time as I was running in the 22 mph range and the truck was stopped at a stop sign as I approached. There are bushes there so while I could see the driver and he seemed to be looking right out me, I couldn't tell he had a long trailer. Then he pulled right out in front of me and I was grabbing brakes. Then I saw the trailer too and was like crap! Fortunately this bike has a steller build on it and the brakes will pop your eyeballs out. Saved me most likely because that intersection always has a bunch of loose gravel on the pavement there and if I had had to swerve at the last moment it probably wouldn't have been a happy result, LOL! Anyway, other that that and a few times I had to stop for traffic it was great run. I'm beginning to think the old legs might still have a 20 mph avg run in them on a perfect ride.

Same route as yesterday, 30.48 miles, 1:32:48, 428 ft, 19.7 avg pace.

This is a pretty good old beast. I'm sure it went a lot faster when Tim rode it.

Shared this before. This bike is one of a handful Greg had custom made for these guys. My bike belonged to Tim Swift, 4th over from Lemond.

The guys riding the bikes with Greg, this picture is in one of the Lemond Catalogs.

Last edited by jamesdak; 10-28-21 at 07:48 AM.
Likes For jamesdak: