Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
I keep meaning to build up a new rim brake wheelset to go with the new bike build, but I go back and forth about how deep I want to go with the rims. My fear is that I'll finally decide on the rims only to not be able to get spokes anywhere (thinking the Pillar Wing 20 at this point, but will probable take what I can get). I was already surprised when I build up a wheelset earlier this year that spokes from my usual source had taken a big jump in price.
Sapim are backordered into at least next year through any US source. Even the backup locations are empty. I have a few thousand on backorder. I got a release of about 500 yesterday that I can only chalk up to someone else dropping their backorder when their slot came up.

Pillar seems to have wide availability at the moment especially if you source in Taiwan. Honestly I am not a fan of Pillar. Maybe that will change down the road but I haven't changed my mind to date.

Likes For Psimet2001: