View Single Post
Old 10-14-21, 02:44 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
You did not say when, I assume next year. By then if you broaden your area to include rest of North America, Canadian Maritimes have some fairly quiet roads and if Covid restrictions have fallen by then you might be able to go there.

But some of the roads on PEI have logging trucks, unfortunately there is not a good way to predict where those will be, other than they appeared to be going to and from the ferry.

Cabot Trail is a common favorite for bicycles, but I was camping and cooking my own food and mostly camping. It might be hard to find enough places to eat and sleep there to piece together a trip if you are eating and sleeping indoors.

The downside is that almost all airlines flying in and out are Canadian airlines, thus flying in and out can be complicated if you are not near an airport that is served by Air Canada.

I spent five weeks there two years ago. Had a great time. If you go there, some areas are buggy, bring repellant, but as I said, I was camping. Bugs might not be an issue if you are staying indoors.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: