Old 10-15-21, 01:37 PM
Sardines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 48 Posts
I chose to have a P1.18 Pinion with Gates belt drive, cos I'm done with messing with chains and derailleurs almost 2-3 weeks. I change the rear wheel with different sprockets, depending on what I'm doing with the bike, sorta like chainrings but easier! So I can't just buy any Ti frame. Mind you, the seat post, fork and bar also influence the ride experience. I tried Ti and CF and chose the CF seat post for roads and park trails. The fork I decided on Ti, but that was totally cosmetic because I wanted the complete Ti look up front, and it could take a little more weight with the racks, while only 130g heavier only. I stuck with flat bars originally because of the Pinion twist shifter, so went with Ti, again for cosmetic reasons. I couldn't tell the difference in handling between the 2 on the road. but I've never tried the Ti riser on a hard trail though.

Originally Posted by pashlit
Thanks. I actually just missed on a very nice deal on Lynskey bike. That bike was a custom made machine with Dura Ace components. 2016 year frame. Only $1600. 17.2 pounds. My carbon weights that much. )) Oh well.