View Single Post
Old 11-26-21, 10:02 AM
Amt0571

Bikes: Canyon Grand Canyon AL SL 8.0, Triban RC520 Gravel Ltd, Btwin Ultra 520 AF GF, Triban Road 7, Benotto 850

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked 215 Times in 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Clyde1820
Probably. Eventually.

I'd stop the source of the moisture intruding. Without that, you'll have very moist water vapor all throughout that space. And it'll settle on the components, bolts, etc. Eventually rusting. No way around that, unless stopping the intrusion. Which would take shoring-up the porous walls, of course.

Sounds like a garage re-wrap & re-slatting is in order. Spring's coming up, and with it neighborhood barbecues. Perhaps the neighbor's icy exterior will thaw a bit, sufficient to allow the problem to get dealt with properly.
Well, the problem is that first I have to convince the neighbour that there's a problem, and that he has something to do with it. Hope that he's more receptive about it than he was about my heat pump that sits 15m away from his house (apparently the noise bothered him even before it was electrically connected to anything).

To be honest, I'm willing to pay the repair cost to avoid conflict, as I have a quite clear idea of where the problem is and how to solve it and it's not really expensive to do. The problem is that I have to do it from his patio... so it seems to me the situation won't be solved this winter. Maybe the next...

Last edited by Amt0571; 11-26-21 at 10:05 AM.