Old 01-24-22, 10:47 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4420 Post(s)
Liked 4,873 Times in 3,017 Posts
Originally Posted by walkingCorpse
Resistance is there, that is not the problem. Based on resistance alone one might think as long as the brakes work to apply required resistance, flywheel size is immaterial. For example a 1 kg flywheel vs a 20 kg makes no difference. But what is not much talked about is the relative stresses on the cardiorespiratory vs muscle strength. With a smaller flywheel relying on brake power alone, I'm suspecting it stresses the muscle more than the cardiorespiratory system, not allowing for an optimal workout. My thigh muscles are very strong but even I find my muscles tiring first before reaching optimal levels of cardio.

I don't have permission to post links, the cycle I'm complaining about is the Reach inctiva cycle on amazon.in.
I suspect it's just a very rough, choppy pedalling experience. Like riding through deep mud vs riding on smooth tarmac. Overall resistance/power can be the same, but totally different feel and dynamics. You have 2 choices. A good quality spin-bike with large flywheel or a high end smart bike with a virtual flywheel. The latter is the gold standard, but expensive.