View Single Post
Old 07-19-17, 12:10 AM
Flyright

Bikes: Salsa: El GO GO, Van Dessel: Drag Strip Courage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all, newbie here. I have mostly been lurking, rather than posting to try and glean as much knowledge as possible.

With that being said, I recently got certified to ride my local track (BVV in Erie, CO). I had a blast, but, after the session -which was about 4hrs long- I was left super tense, and sore, especially in my neck from looking down the line. I setup my bike fairly aggressive (as pointed out by the instructor) which I tried to do, in comparing with some of the pros. I can't seem to post a pic because im so new. However, I am left wondering if it might be the aggressiveness of the setup, the size of the frame (i'm 5'8" riding a 50cm frame) the length of the cert session, or a combination of a few that left me so sore/ tens? I filmed myself riding on the trainer, and used the Kinovea app to analyze it; my leg angles were good, as was height over pedals etc... so any help would be greatly appreciated!

If this should be a new topic please let me know and I will repost. I figured as this was the DIY fitting topic -which is what I am doing since I can't afford the bike fit by the local track olympian- I would post here.