View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 09:18 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Absolute Black and Biopace rings have the ovals 90 degrees out of phase from each other. The high spot on the AB rings are where the low spot is on the Biopace rings and vice versa.
-Tim-
you know, I have no recollection of the technical aspect of Biopace, and there also very well may have been diff versions of biopace also.
What I do remember is having a real bugger of a problem with one knee on that trip, I even had to hang around at a provincial campground for a few days to let my knee recover so I could actually continue the trip. I also remember my legs not liking the oval thing, as I always found higher cadences to be so bouncy wouncy--but this is where it would be interesting to try them now, as Im certainly a better cyclist in terms of pedalling. Given so many top racers use it with great success, there has to be something to it, and it probably just takes a slight change of how one pedals.

re my bum knee--unfortunately I very much associate that with the Biopace rings, although to be fair that knee had had bings and bangs before 91 with skiing and motorcycling falls, so who knows. All I know is that to this day, and even more as I age, that knee grumbles at times, especially when I dont ride enough and or overdo it.