Old 09-04-19, 04:34 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by MNebiker
Back in the 80s I bought a "Third Eye" helmet mounted mirror and was generally pleased with it. But last week I encountered a swarm of gnats on the trail and as I swatted them away from my face I also swatted away the mirror, and destroyed it. After 30+years it was like I lost an old friend . . . .

I looked at possible replacements, decided to try the "Take-a-Look" mirror, and after the first ride I am sold on it. Far better field of vision and much more stable than the helmet mount. The old mirror would vibrate and sometimes shift out of place on larger bumps. It will take a bit of getting used to attaching it to my glasses each time but I like the result.
I second the Take-a-look mirror. I too used to use a helmet mounted mirror. I like the Take-a-look when it's mounted on my glasses or sunglasses due to the far less wobble. Btw, a Take-a-look mirror can be mounted on a helmet visor but I found that it vibrated a lot more and could slip off. I used a zip-tie to hold mine in place after it fell off once whilst I was riding on what would have been a very busy road if earlier or later in the day. I was able to recover the mirror and then I put it on my sunglasses instead of the helmet visor.

Cheers